It's ALMOST HERE!
Stay on the up and up, and check out the Mule Days facebook page. We remember these days!
Click here to "like" the official Mule Days facebook page.
Friday, May 10th
You'll jump for joy over today's menu! Asian pasta salad with broccoli florets, julienne carrots, snow peas, red bell pepper, cucumber and green onions. All of our salads come with a fresh baked roll.
Italian sausage hero with mushrooms, bell pepper and mozzarella cheese on an Italian roll.
Sunny Spicy Veggie Wrap with shredded carrots and zucchini, pumpkin seeds, sprouts and hummus wrapped up with crunchy Romaine.
Mammoth Lakes, CA –
The 2013 Mammoth Food & Wine Experience has an exciting selection of seminars scheduled for Friday and Saturday, July 5th and 6th -- most of which can be purchased a la carte on the event’s website at www.mammothfoodandwine.org. In fact, participation at the seminars does not require a ticket to the Saturday night Grand tasting event or a VIP ticket to the overall event. One of the seminars, however, is exclusive to the culinary school student teams competing in the Saturday Grand Tasting’s “Great Outdoor Cooking Competition.” That particular seminar features most of the guest chefs and a few other culinary professionals who share their real-world expertise with the budding chefs—helping them to prepare for life after school. That special seminar is one of the unique ways this fund-raising event reinforces the Mammoth Lakes Foundation’s mission of furthering higher education and cultural arts, for as we’ve seen with the growth of cooking shows--showmanship factors into the culinary arts as well.
Another seminar is specifically limited to VIP ticket holders, but should prove to be a show-stopper! “The Best-of-the-Best Burger Battle” features Four “Best Burger”- winning Chefs, three from LA and one from Mammoth, who put their burger-making bragging rights on the line and you decide! The battle features Chris Lucchese (LA Times Best Burger Champion); Bruce Kalman (Executive Chef of The Churchill in LA and winner of the March 31 episode of “Chopped”); Matt Toomey (Chef of Toomey’s Catering and Take Out), and Brian Lenzo (of Blue Palms Brewhouse, featured on Food Network). Attendees taste the burgers alongside Mammoth Brewing Company beers, and then choose the winner in tandem with an exciting panel of judges. Attendees also take home a Mammoth Brewing Company pint glass.
Information on ticketing, pricing, schedules, presenters and more is available at the website at www.mammothfoodandwine.org.
Here is a sampling of the seminars being presented over the two-day festival.
· Iron Chef Seminar with Jason Knibb, of Nine-Ten restaurant La Jolla and competitor on “Iron Chef.” When you compete on against Iron Chef Bobby Flay—you always bring your “A” game. Attend this seminar and you’ll learn how to make your own “Iron Chef” dish!
· “I’d Rather Be Making Pickles” where Chef Bruce Kalman of The Churchill in LA, winner of the March 31 “Chopped” episode on The Food Network, shares his passion for pickling. The seminar will include such topics as: Vinegar vs. fermented pickles; proper canning technique and storage; basic pickling liquids and how to allow your creativity to step in and create some amazing flavor combinations; how to match the right ingredient with a complimentary pickling liquid; and more.
· “Riedel presents: Glass with Class--Enhancing the Wine Experience” Experience how the right vessel makes all the difference with Melissa Hawkins of Riedel Wine Glass Company. This premium seminar has a cost of $75 per person and includes one complimentary set of Riedel tasting glasses valued at over $120.
· “Everything You Wanted to Know about Trout but Were Afraid to Ask” features Chef Jason Hoeltzel of CJs Grill in Mammoth as he shows you the A-to-Mmmmm of preparing trout from lake to plate! Featuring famous Alpers Trout.
· “2012 MFWE Winner of ‘Best Dish’ – Bakersfield College, Returns to Share Their Recipe for Success” with Chef Suzanne Davis and the Bakersfield Culinary College Students (Two-time winners of “Best Dish” at MFWE Great Outdoor Cooking Competition) demonstrating how they prepared the winning dish--pesto shrimp with watermelon salad, at the 2012 Mammoth Food & Wine Experience.
· “The Secrets and Craft of Salting and Curing Your Own Meats and Cheese” - Charcuterie anyone? features Chef/owner Brandon Brocia who demonstrates artisan ingredients meeting Old World techniques on the “new American” food frontier
FACT SHEET: What: Mammoth Food & Wine Experience (mammothfoodandwine.org)
- Featuring 30 Wineries offering 120+ wines
- Food and Wine Seminars · Private Wine Dinners Friday evening – a Mediterranean-themed dinner at Pokonobe on Lake Mary; an exclusive Star Chefs-prepared dinner with Eberle wines at The Plum House; and a genuine Argentinean Asado Dinner outdoors at the college
- Friday evening Wine Walk in the Village at Mammoth · Saturday Evening Grand Tasting including: 120+ wines, “Great Outdoor Cooking Competition,” Silent and Live Auction, Raffle for Grand Prize of Vintner’s Holiday for Two at the Ahwahnee Lodge (valued at $1400)
- Sunday morning Gospel Music Brunch
- Visit mammothfoodandwine.org for Information Or Call 760-934-3781
When: July 5th, 6th and 7th, 2013
Where: Mammoth Lakes Foundation (MammothLakesFoundation.org) 100 College Parkway, Mammoth Lakes (across from Cerro Coso College-Mammoth Campus)
Why: Benefiting Mammoth Lakes Foundation (Mission: Supporting higher education and cultural enrichment in Eastern Sierra) and Mammoth Schools NOW Education Foundation
We’re above $2000!
THANK YOU!!! JENNA CAVELLE
THANK YOU!!! RUE KOEGEL
THANK YOU!!! TAMMY GRIMM
THANK YOU!!! JOHN HYLAS SMITH
THANK YOU!!! PHILIP ANAYA
THANK YOU!!! DAVID CARLE
THANK YOU!!! DR. PATRICIA BROWN
THANK YOU!!! WILLIAMS HELMER
THANK YOU!!! JOEL MASSER
THANK YOU!!! GERALD WISE
THANK YOU!!! JANET WESTBROOK
THANK YOU!!! JUDY PALMER
Thanks to everyone who has donated!!! We still have a long way to go, so please share Slake with everyone you know!
Click here to help Slake meet the goal of $30,000 Donate Now!