Mountain Rambler Restaurant OPEN for business, have you tried it?
Menu Below is our restaurant menu as of 12/19/14. Prices and availability subject to change.
V = Vegetarian Recipe
GF = Gluten Free Recipe
All products are prepared in a kitchen that is used for meat, gluten, nuts, and dairy. If you have specific food allergies, please inquire at the time of order about option.
- EMPANADAS stuffed w/ butternut squash, sage and cheddar (V) $3
- ROASTED BEET HUMMUS garbanzo beans, beets, tahini, spices. served with seasonal veggie spears and pita chips (V) $6
- SEASONED FRIES basket of fries w/ house dipping sauces (garlic mayo, homemade dijon, oregano ketchup) (V) $3
- PARMESAN POLENTA TOTS w/ pesto mayo (GF) (V) $5
- CURRY CHICKEN SALAD SLIDERS roasted free-range chicken salad w/ raisins, celery, and onion and garnished with strips of roasted red peppers. $7.5
- SIDE OF HOMEMADE SAUERKRAUT regular $2 apple-bacon $3
- MAINS FALAFEL w/ tzatziki sauce and served with warm homemade pita, assorted house-pickled veggies and a bed of lettuce (V) $10
- BURGER local, grass-fed beef served on ciabatta with lettuce, tomato, onion and rambler pickles. SIMPLE $8 -or- WITH CHEESE $8.75 your choice of cheddar, swiss or goat cheese
- RAMBLER STYLE $10 bacon, grilled onions, roasted green chiles and cheddar ***Add half an avocado for $1.50
- BRATWURST locally crafted brat served w/ two types of homemade sauerkraut (classic and apple bacon kraut) & Mountain Rambler dijon mustard. (GF) $9 -Your choice of classic bratwurst or spicy cajun-
- TEMPEH REUBEN SANDWICH our twist on a classic Reuben. Grilled California-made tempeh (a fermented-soy patty), our classic sauerkraut, swiss cheese and thousand island dressing on Great Basin sourdough rye. (V) $10 – Add bacon for $2
- TACOS your choice of chile-beer marinated pork or tempeh, along with purple jalapeno coleslaw, black bean, queso fresco, and cilantro-lime sour cream, all on our homemade tortillas. $8
- ADD FRIES to any entrée for $2
- ADD AVOCADO to any entrée for $1.50
- SIMPLE baby greens, grated carrots and toasted sunflower seeds & cherry tomatoes when available). yogurt ranch dressing on the side. $5
- RUSTIC baby greens, radish, cherry tomatoes, hard boiled local egg, shaved parmesan cheese, toasted pepitas and fresh basil. House vinaigrette on the side. $7
- GREENS arugula, apple or pear slices, avocado, goat cheese, roasted beets and garnished with house-pickled hop shoots from Banner Springs Farm. Tamari dijon dressing on the side $8
- *ADD FREE_RANGE GRILLED CHICKEN to make it a meal. $3 or
- TEMPEH for $4
- PUMPKIN-CHOCOLATE-CHIP-PECAN-BOURBON-OATMEAL HOMEMADE COOKIES – $3
- APPLE PIE – made in our own kitchen. $5 add ice cream for $1
- ICE CREAM Vanilla, chocolate or homemade pumpkin $4
Restaurant Hours: Tues. - Sun. (4:30pm-9pm)
Phone: (760) 258-1348
Click here for the full story on the KIBS/KBOV website.
Looking for a winter hike? South of Bishop some twenty miles at the north end of the Big Pine Volcanic Field sits Crater Mountain. This Wilderness Study Area offers spectacular views of the Sierra and Inyo Mountains. We'll have a good chance of seeing Tule Elk and many prehistoric cultural sites.
To get to the hiking location take the Glacier Lodge Road in Big Pine and go just under 2.5 miles to the McMurry Meadows road – a signed, graded dirt road where all but the lowest clearance vehicles will be fine. Here take a sharp left and go 3 miles to a pull-out on the east side of the road which is the closest approach to Crater Mountain. Bring hiking shoes, sun protection, water and lunch. Plan to return to vehicles by 3pm.
When: Sat., Jan. 24
Meet: (9am) Big Pine Tree at junction 395 and 168
Click here for Friends of the Inyo website.
The Lone Pine golden eagles downed Silver Valley Wednesday night 58-43 and Ryan Cappello had 22 points putting him over 1,000 points in his career. Lone Pine head coach Scott Kemp says Cappello is the first player to hit the historic mark during his Junior season. The win moves Lone Pine to 7-0 in Desert Mountain League play and 16-2 overall.
Click here for the full story on the KIBS/KBOV website.
The 2015 Mule Days concert will be headlined by western singer/songwriter Brenn Hill. Nine hundred tickets will be available for the concert. Tickets go on sale at 8:30 a.m., Monday, Feb. 2
Mule Days Concert - Brenn Hill
When: Thursday, May 21 (7:30 p.m. )
Where: Charles Brown Auditorium at the Tri-County Fairgrounds.
Ticket Locations: Mule Days Office 1141 N. Main St., Bishop.
Local Baker Marty Taylor is offering Valentines Day Cakes White or Chocolate cake w/ Strawberry filling and whipped cream frosting. Cakes will be ready for pick up on Wed. February 11.
Be ready for valentines day!
Pick-up: Bishop Area, Wed., Feb. 11
THE LITTLE MERMAID Performance Audiences of all ages will get a fresh look at an age-old favorite this Saturday, January 24 when the Missoula Children’s Theatre (MCT) and more than 50 local students present THE LITTLE MERMAID.
The local cast features
Josi Ferrell as the Little Mermaid, Celia.
Also featured are her three sisters, Delia, Amelia and Ophelia who will be played by Sofia Baino, Ajia Saunders, and Emma Ranney.
Gil, the Merboy next door will be played by Odie DeMoss and the country singin’ Starfish will be played by Annabelle Hollon.
The Royal family includes Jack Slovacek as the Prince, River Winkler as the King and Maya Hart as the Queen.
The snoopy Seasiders will be played by Elizabeth Bracken, Laurel McElroy, Lily Morrison, Amelia Blakey, Sloan Elia, Noah Cathey, Gabriel Cathey, Kyle Schaniel, Aaliyah Cunningham, Kaylee Cunningham, Kaya Guacheno, Oden Gilbert, Kenia Gonzalez, and Danica Flesia.
To complete the ensemble, Sage Brown, Magdalene Jaeger, Nicolette Maxey, Karen Rivas Leon, Grady Schaniel, Avery Wilson, Kate Anderson, and Anwyn Hernandez will appear as the poetic Town Criers, the dynamic Sea Scouts include Malena Twomey, Nick Fischer, Josh Santana, Jeniffer Velazquez, Makenna Batchelder, Abigail Ball, Hailey Bragdon, Abby Morgan, Annika Foote, Madelyne Bigham, Mikayla Miller and Hadley Brown and the galloping Sea Ponies will be played by Marley Hardcastle, Amaya Hays, Cadence Nott, Willow Blanks, Gizelle Martinez, Blake Braaten, Kayley Renfro, Reagan Dermody, Madyn Weller, Kylie Acree, Isabella Jaeger, Analiese Schat, Jenny Arias, Laila Sargent, Neveah Oldfield, Lucas Turner, and Elizabeth St. Clair. Katlyn Kibler, Arianna Haifley and Havana Hart have served as Assistant Directors throughout the week.
THE LITTLE MERMAID
When: Sat. Jan. 24 (3:00 and 5:30 p.m.)
Where: Bishop High School Auditorium
Admission: FREE. No tickets are necessary
Questions: Kim 760-872-9364
The Missoula Children's Theatre residency in Bishop is brought to you with support from a generous grant from the Donald M. Slager Sunset Foundation and private donations.
The next Owens Valley Certified Farmers Market will take place on Halloween at the Owens Valley Growers Cooperative in Independence between 4 and 7 pm, on the corner of Edwards St. (Route 395) and Kearsarge.
This week’s market will feature seasonal greens, onions, eggs, herbs, local arts and crafts, and baked goods. WIC accepted. For more information, call 760-915-0185.
When: Fri., Jan. 23 (4-7 pm)
Where: Mairs Market parking lot, Independence-corner of Edwards St. (Rte. 395) and Kearsarge